PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

WHEN THE LAUGHTER STOPS...

Mere words aren't enough to describe the dreadful feeling I had the second I learned that Robin Williams had passed away.  What made this news even more devastating was that his death came by his own hand.  Robin Williams meant so much to so many.  His humor and imagination were infectious, inspiring anyone who saw one of his movies.  I remember seeing the films Hook and  Aladdin in theaters as a kid and loving every second of them.  I remember seeing Mrs. Doubtfire and laughing so hard I'd be in tears afterward.  I think what struck me most about Mr. Williams was his generosity.  The number of people he helped over the years can't be counted.  There were simply too many.  Everyone from sick children to comedy writers to young stand up comics just needing a pat on the back benefited from the kind heart this larger-than-life man possessed.

I've battled depression on and off for many years.  It's not something you simply shake off.  It can dig a deep pit that'll just eat at you no matter what.  It's hard to know what was going through his mind at the time, but I pray his soul has found some sort of peace.  And I urge any who read this to please seek help if you're depressed.  There's no shame in asking for help.  And although it may not always seem like it, people do care.  Your life matters.  YOU matter.

The piece above is for an auction that Team Cul De Sac founder Chris Sparks has set up to help raise money for Parkinson's Disease research, which Mr. Williams had recently been diagnosed.  I'm not sure when the auction will take place, but rest assured I will keep everyone posted through here and Twitter when the time comes.  Robin Williams made me laugh, he made me smile.  I wanted this piece to reflect that.  So thank you Mr. Williams for being such a funny person.  Thank you for being such a creative person.  But more than that, thank you for being such a good person.  Carpe diem good sir.

-Jon

Well folks, that's all for now.  The silliness returns next week with a New Mike And Mindy comic that will hopefully bring some laughs and smiles your way too.  Until then, take care and I'll catch y'all later.  And be kind to others.  Even the smallest kind gesture can make a difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment